Monday 7 December 2015

The Vogue Festival 2015 - An Inspiring Environment

vogue fest 2015

The year 2015 is coming to a close end and on a good note too. What's not to be grateful for? If someone told me 3 years ago that whilst in university I would get the opportunity to be in the same room as John Galliano, Karl Lagerfeld, Anna Wintour and Alexandra Shulman all in the span of 10 months, I'd tell them to get outta town. Yet that's the wondrous thing about the British Fashion Industry, it's really open to creative minds and things are within your grasp if you go looking for it. I've been asked tons of times, questions along the lines of "how do you get to go to these events?" or "....meet blablabla", you guys it's not rocket science. A simple google search, a fashion magazine subscription, frequent visits to the vogue website, save up your money and buy a few tickets. That's it really. I used to think people in fashion were very exclusive but no, they're actually rather......nice. None of that Devil Wears Prada crap seems to exist in British Fashion. 

I digress. Let's talk about how amazing seeing John Galliano in London was, or as I'd like to call him "Lord Couture". Well it was in the midst of a ripe Spring's day, Lord Couture sat on a chair facing Alexandra Shulman upon a stage in a South Kensington lecture theatre. I sat mid-row and behind me sat Susie Lau (I know, I had to stop every muscle in my upper-body from lifting my phone, attempting to sneak a selfie snapchat featuring Susie. I had to keep my cool). Open questions for the talk were regulated and asked to be sent in a week prior to the event. This was not surprising because the fact that Lord Couture even made a public appearance, in British Vogue of all places was already a hella huge revelation itself. So i'm sure Vogue had their conditions to keep and one of them was probably to avoid all attempts at any anti-semitic related questions or confrontations to John. As expected, the talk mainly consisted of his journey into Maison Margiela, he humoured the crowd and at the end of it all, left us inspired and emotional but mostly inspired.

vogue fest 2015
vogue fest 2015
vogue fest 2015
vogue fest 2015
vogue fest 2015
vogue fest 2015
vogue fest 2015

The whole festival was an eye-opener to how human fashion people actually are even if their entire lives have been built upon fabrication and clothing collections. If you haven't noticed, I've created a "magazine" tab on my categories banner. This is a landing page which I hope to fill up with more fashion articles from an ethical or "human" POV. This will include a range of topics in Fashion Politics, Fashion Psychology, Fashion Marketing, fashion reviews or even random pieces on amateur fashion editorials.........I didn't want my blog to rot away being a "fashion thought catalogue" because I still love taking fun OOTDs with flinging peace signs and cat emojis. I think that giving up that fun side was too drastic of a move so i'll just be re-categorising them. I am also taking in any written donations into my new "magazine" tab, so this is a calling to the public (anyone and everyone), I would really like to read and publish your thoughts or ideas revolving around fashion on this blog. It can be dramatic questioning states of fashion like "Why do we even fashion?!?" to simple fashion reviews of a small songket bridal line from KL fashion week. I'm interested and i'm interested to see if anyone else is interested. 

So if you want to write a post for ninaaneko's "fashion magazine", send it to this email!

1 comment:

Beauty Follower said...

Nice pics!

https://beautyfollower.blogspot.gr/