Saturday 6 April 2013

Elie Saab Haute Couture SS 2013

There is something about a garment with high quality fabric, sheer fitting and feminine aesthetics that I will never lose appreciation for. I have high respect towards designers who never fail to bring out the tiny details, no matter how minuscule they appear on such a well worn piece of clothing. So some time ago, before I had created this blog - I knew at some point I would have to do a post on Elie Saab where I'm either praising or squealing on about his designs.

Here a few of my favourites from the Haute Couture Spring Summer '13 collection.











                                                                               
  romantic, crystal-encrusted gowns with brightly coloured silks, chiffons, pearl beading and embroidered lace

I'm sorry for the inactivity the past week. Things have been hectic with coursework deadlines getting closer, finals in 4 weeks and some personal stuff. I haven't been feeling like myself completely these past two days but I've got to get myself on track or else I might end up not going to uni. Gulp. "Just focus on the future", sounds a lot harder than you think.

14 comments:

littletiara said...

omg I always love Elie Saab's collection! So pretty and feminine and almost whimsical! ^O^ and I don't know much about fashion *sobs* but his piece of works always stun me, like woooooooooooooo~ (or maybe it's my weakness towards wedding dresses-his artworks always look like one! Or is it really wedding dresses? Lol, my knowledge about fashion is near to zero)

by the way, I don't mind people leaving link on my blog~! Lol, what I mind is that some commented with the same words everywhere without even reading the content ;A;

kkkk... I think I should rephrase my sentence xD

Victoria Burbulea said...

gorgeous blog!

would you like to follow each other?

www.fashionshores.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

So beautiful!!! :) Great post. It must have taken hours ans hours to gather all these wonderful pictures! :) So amazong!! :)

And thx for your comment and reading my article. ;) :) I highly appreciate your interest.

Love
Ninon

++ THE GRAY'S ANATOMY EXPERIENCE - Surviving among real-life McDreamies: http://grays-anatomy-experience.blogspot.com ++

Ruby said...

elegant and beautiful collections ❤
good luck with your deadline :'D

Unknown said...

I love all of those dresses, but especially the third red dress! I have nominated you for a Liebster award, please go check out my blog for more details!!
http://teapotsandbelles.blogspot.com/

Kristiana Vasarina said...

Amazing pieces!:)

www.kristianavasarina.com

samecookiesdifferent said...

this is LOVE! :)

<3
XX
samecookiesdifferent.blogspot.com

samecookiesdifferent said...

this is LOVE! :)

<3
XX
samecookiesdifferent.blogspot.com

Sybil said...

wow!!! these gowns are breath taxingly GORGEOUS!!! the details are amazing!!

Click me for my NEW BLOG

Laura said...

Elie Saab always has the most amazing dresses!!

http://lovelyprettyworld.blogspot.fr/

Anonymous said...

Wow. You know, I'm not normally into really delicate things, but these are beautiful. The silhouettes, the colors, the detaaaaiiil. Very very elegant. Good luck with finals and finishing out uni. I will send you good vibes so you can finish the year out strong and get on track! :)

Unknown said...

He is my favorite designer of all times!!! love his dresses so much.

Jessie said...

My god, I love ALL of those! Especially the red with the nude underlayer. It makes me sad the dresses are so expensive. :/

Diana said...

Love the post! Great blog, so I'm a New follower on GFC =)